The combination of two medicines,dextroamphetamine and amphetamine to form one drug is called Adderall. It acts as a stimulant medication used to treat patients with ADHD– Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Sometimes it is also prescribed for treating Narcolepsy.
It is available in the market as generic medicine as well as in brands. Though the combinations seem to be similar, generic medicine is popular in the market, because it is cheaper than the branded medicine.
What are ADHD and Narcolepsy?
- ADHD is a neurological disorder that affects the parts of the brain resulting in loss of focus and concentration. The symptoms are said to be attention less, hyperactive, lack of focus. It is commonly found in children. However, it also affects adults. Necessary attention and medication should be given to the affected person, with the advice of the medical practitioner.
- Narcolepsy is also a neurological sleeping disorder. The symptoms are the person falls asleep at anytime or anywhere during the daytime. They also fall asleep during any activity, when their brain senses a sudden attack or shock.
Uses of Adderall.
- This medication helps to improve the concentration and focus of the person, by changing a certain amount of substances in the brain.
- It also helps to reduce the impulsive behavioral issues of the person.
- Any person with control disorders can be prescribed this stimulant. This helps the nervous system to control the substance that creates these abnormal behaviors.
How is it available?
In general, it is available in two forms,
- Adderall oral tablets
- Adderall XR Capsule
- These stimulants are generally prescribed the authorized medical practitioners who treat these kinds of neurological disorders.
- They will let you know the amount of consumption of these medicines.
- It is always advisable to follow your physician’s advice when consuming these medicines, for better results.
- Generally, these are tablets or capsules are taken orally before or after food as advised by the physician.
- They will give you the direction of how many times to consume these medicine in a day, as per your medical condition.
- Usually, they are prescribed 3 times a day starting first with the morning dosage. Having said that, it is better to follow your physician’s direction carefully.
- After a while, the physicians may decrease or increase the dosage depending on the response of the brain for the treatment. This depends on the person’s health condition.
The above information about Adderall helps you to better understand the medicine’s usage and its purpose. Do consult your physician and have your doubts clarified before consuming it.